Our school offers some great programs to help foster your child's education as well as social skills. We strive to incorporate programs that will assist your child's positive growth, both now and for their future.
GATE (Gifted and Talented Education) - The District is committed to enhancing the intellectual development of our students by providing opportunities for increased student learning. In addition to extension opportunities within the general education classroom, GATE students participate in dedicated extra curricular lessons and activities on an almost weekly basis. Click here to learn more about our District's GATE structure.
Harborside YMCA STRETCH Program
The "It is a Safe Time for Recreation and Tutoring of Children" (STRETCH) Program is one of several state-funded Expanded Learning Programs (ELP) offered by the YMCA of San Diego County in partnership with the Chula Vista Elementary School District.
This free program provides structured academic, physical and social activities for Kindergarten to Grade 6 students from our school.
This program operates immediately after school until 6:00 pm daily. However, this program does not operate when schools are closed, including intercessions, vacations and holidays.
Harborside STRETCH Program Hours
Morning Monday – Friday 6:45 – 8:30 a.m.
Afternoon Monday – Thursday 3:00 – 6:00 p.m. Friday 1:45 – 6:00 p.m.
HOW TO APPLY TO THE STRETCH AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAM
INITIAL APPLICATION PROCESS
· Applications must be turned in at the STRETCH school site, specifically to the STRETCH supervisor.
· All submitted applications will receive a receipt from the STRETCH staff indicating the the date the application was received.
ENROLLMENT & PARTICIPATION INFORMATION
· After an evaluation period, enrollment lists will be posted at the schools.
· All enrolled families must attend a mandatory parent meeting, as scheduled by the schools.
· Applications received after the end of the school year will be added to the waiting list. During this time, they may be submitted to the ELP South YMCA Administration Building,
50 4th Ave. Chula Vista, 91910 or scanned/emailed to email@example.com.
HOW ARE STUDENTS SELECTED?
All students from Kindergarten to Grade 6 who attend STRETCH schools can apply.
However, priority is given to students who:
· Are in Grades 1 through 6
· Are referred by school personnel
· Can attend for 5 days a week
· Can attend for the duration of the program
Enrollment is also determined by:
Students will be enrolled based on the rating system detailed below, up to the capacity for each school's program. If the program receives more applications than spaces available, first priority for participation will be given to applications with the most points. Once the STRETCH program has reached its capacity, students not accepted for participation will be placed on a wait list, in the same order of priority, and will be accepted as space becomes available.
|Student with one parent/guardian currently active duty military or on military deployment.||1 Point|
|Student has applied for STRETCH and will attend 5 days a week and for the full duration of the program.||2 Points |
|Student has applied for STRETCH and will attend half the program time, 5 days a week.||1 Point|
|Parent will have attended an orientation meeting during the registration period.||1 Point|
|ALL STUDENTS WILL ONLY FALL INTO ONE OF THE FIRST TWO CATEGORIES|||
|Students participated in the STRETCH program during 2018-2019 and met at least 85% attendance overall.||2 Points|
|OR Student was enrolled on the waitlist in the 2018-2019 school year.||1 Point |
QUESTIONS? YOU CAN CONTACT the following Reprentatives:
f you would like to learn more about the STRETCH program provided by the YMCA of San Diego County, please contact one of our staff below:
For questions about the application, enrollment, and general information, contact:
· Liz Ramos, Office Administrator | (619) 420-0041 ext. 18000 | firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact the Program Director:
· Meagan Marie Larios, Program Director | (619) 420-0041 ext. 18002 | email@example.com
To contact Harborside Supervisor
· Vanessa Cass, STRETCH Supervisor | (619) 730- 8039 firstname.lastname@example.org
The Chula Vista Elementary School District takes part in the National School Lunch and Breakfast Program. Meals are served every school day. Students, including Kindergartners, may buy breakfast for $1.00 and lunch for $2.50.
The cafeteria is open on all school days, including minimum days. Breakfast is offered in the cafeteria each morning starting at 8:00 AM. Each student is issued a meal card that will be debited each time the child eats breakfast or lunch. Students who use their cards will receive lunch, even if their lunch accounts have a negative balance and parents are responsible for the cost. Prepayments for at least 5 meals are encouraged. Payments may be made in the cafeteria, in the school office, or online (see below in Online Services). Checks should be made payable to Cafeteria account, CVESD. Parents and family members are welcome to come and buy lunch to share a special day with your child.
Any questions or comments about the program please call Child Nutrition Services, Monday - Friday, from 7:00 AM to 4:00 PM at 425-9600, extension 1400.
Apply for the Free / Reduced Meal Program - Applications for this program are available in the school office.
- Families must reapply for the Free/Reduced Meal Program each year. If you do not reapply, your child will revert to full pay status and will be charged for all meals eaten since the first day of school
- New families who apply must pay for all meals eaten until approval is received
- If you have any questions regarding whether or not your application has been approved, please call Child Nutrition Services:
(619) 425-9600, ext. 1400
Online Services Available
All District parents may now conveniently make payments using a credit card by accessing the
Parent Pay website (https://www.schoolcafe.com) and creating an account. You will need your child's 6 digit district student number which you can find by looking on your child's report card, or by calling the school office. Online services available include:
- View your child's up-to-date cafeteria account balances & purchase activity
- Make payments on-line anytime, anywhere
- Manage your child's cafeteria expenses
- Set up hassle-free automatic monthly payments to replenish your child's cafeteria account
- View & print payment history
- Highly secure on-line transactions
Education Code 221.9 Compliance
Each school year the district is required to post the enrollment by gender within each school and the number of students participating in athletics. If you would like to discuss the athletic opportunities offered at the school site, please contact the principal.
|2018-2019 School Year||Female||Male||Total|