What is Safe Routes to School?
The Chula Vista Safe Routes to School (SRTS) program goals are to improve health and safety, decrease traffic congestion and pollution, and make walking and biking safe options. The SRTS Program includes 5 E's
ngineering, and E
- Education to teach students how to walk and bike safely and teach parents and neighbors the importance of being active, safe, good role models
- Encouragement to promote walking and biking and get more students, parents, and neighbors involved
- Enforcement to make sure everyone is being safe pedestrians, bicyclists, and drivers
- Engineering to communicate with the appropriate jurisdiction about the necessary improvements needed in our school area, such as painting crosswalks or installing sidewalks in the future
- Evaluation to see the progress our school has made and if there are more students walking or biking