Our school offers some great programs to help foster your child's education as well as social skills. We strive to incorporate programs that will assist your child's positive growth, both now and for their future.
GATE (Gifted and Talented Education) - The District is committed to enhancing the intellectual development of our students by providing opportunities for increased student learning. In addition to extension opportunities within the general education classroom, GATE students participate in dedicated extra curricular lessons and activities on an almost weekly basis. Click here to learn more about our District's GATE structure.
The YMCA is holding an after school program. The students will be given tutoring time in order to assist them with their homework, time to explore robotics, and the opportunity to meet students from other classes.
- YMCA is not a daycare and children may sign themselves in and out
- Registration for the YMCA must be submitted by parents
- Students must be picked up promptly from the YMCA
YMCA Hours at our school:
|Mon, Tue, Wed, Fri
||2:45 - 4:40 pm (2 hours)
||1:30 - 4:40 pm (3 hours)
Mindlabs After School Clubs
The Chula Vista Elementary School District takes part in the National School Lunch and Breakfast Program. Meals are served every school day. Students, including Kindergartners, may buy breakfast for $1.00 and lunch for $1.50. Students eligible for free or reduced meals may receive meals free of charge or at a reduced price of $.30 for breakfast and $.40 for lunch.
The cafeteria is open on all school days, including minimum days. Breakfast is offered in the cafeteria each morning starting at 7:50 AM. Each student is issued a meal card that will be debited each time the child eats breakfast or lunch. Students who use their cards will receive lunch, even if their lunch accounts have a negative balance and parents are responsible for the cost. Prepayments for at least 5 meals are encouraged. Payments may be made in the cafeteria, in the school office, or online (see below in Online Services). Checks should be made payable to Cafeteria account, CVESD. Parents and family members are welcome to come and buy lunch to share a special day with your child.
Any questions or comments about the program please call Child Nutrition Services, Monday - Friday, from 7:00 AM to 5:00 PM at 425-9600, extension 1400.
Apply for the Free / Reduced Meal Program - Applications for this program are available in the school office.
- Families must reapply for the Free/Reduced Meal Program each year. If you do not reapply, your child will revert to full pay status and will be charged for all meals eaten since the first day of school
- New families who apply must pay for all meals eaten until approval is received
- If you have any questions regarding whether or not your application has been approved, please call Child Nutrition Services:
(619) 425-9600, ext. 1400
Online Services Available
All District parents may now conveniently make payments using a credit card by accessing the
Parent Pay website (https://www.parentonline.net) and creating an account. You will need your child's 6 digit district student number which you can find by looking on your child's report card, or by calling the school office. Online services available include:
- View your child's up-to-date cafeteria account balances & purchase activity
- Make payments on-line anytime, anywhere
- Manage your child's cafeteria expenses
- Set up hassle-free automatic monthly payments to replenish your child's cafeteria account
- View & print payment history
- Highly secure on-line transactions
Education Code 221.9 Compliance
Each school year the district is required to post the enrollment by gender within each school and the number of students participating in athletics. If you would like to discuss the athletic opportunities offered at the school site, please contact the principal.
|2015-2016 School Year||Female||Male||Total|
|Coed Soccer Division 1||3||15||18|