Dear Daly Academy Families, Community and Staff members,
Welcome to the 2015-16 school year! We are excited about this new school year. Daly Academy celebrates every student's individual progress and accomplishments. This year we are looking forward to ongoing collaboration with our staff, parents and community as we work towards developing a school culture where students take their academic achievement, motivation, behavior management and coping skills to another level. We are committed to a positive school culture, where various opportunities are created for students to be successful in all of their educational experiences. At Daly Academy we pride ourselves with having:
- Caring Staff
- Building Positive Behavior Supports with all our students
- Project Based Learning
- Therapeutic Garden
- Strong level of involvement and commitment to students and their families
We will have alternating meetings throughout the year for Coffee with the Principal in the mornings and School Site Council meetings in the afternoon to keep you informed on school events, parent volunteer opportunities and obtain your input. "When schools, families, and community groups work together to support learning, children tend to do better in school, stay in school longer, and like school more" retrieved on August 11, 2014 from http://www.edweek.org/ew/issues/parent-involvement/. We are asking that you please consider volunteering at least 2 hours per month in order for our students to obtain the benefits of your involvement.
Through our new school website, it is our goal to improve and have ongoing communication between school and home. This will be our way to keep you informed. Please note that you will have access to navigating through our website through your mobile and/or other personal devices. Please give us your feedback on how we can better serve you.
Thank you for making Daly Academy your child's place of educational growth. We are honored to have you as our partners working together in shaping our students educational experiences! We look forward to a great year of ongoing collaboration and growth!
Daly Academy is a child-centered school. We are committed to fostering and role-modeling a positive school culture and building positive behavior supports with all our students. The mission of our school staff is to teach each child the basic skills necessary to be a productive member of society and to foster in each child good work habits, a positive self-concept, develop good coping skills, and a true sense of responsibility.
- All members of the school community model behaviors and exhibit attitudes that promote courtesy, safety, respect, responsibility and a positive learning environment.
- Teachers work together and support each other as partners in education.
- The family is an integral part of each child's education. Each individual has unique qualities and experiences that enrich the school community.
- All children experience academic and social success every day.
- All children are creative problem solvers who can work cooperatively toward shared goals.
- All children have equal access to a quality academic and technological program that prepares them for a rapidly changing world.