Our school offers some great programs to help foster your child's education as well as social skills. We strive to incorporate programs that will assist your child's positive growth, both now and for their future.
Dynamic After School Hours (DASH): The City of Chula Vista along with South Bay Family YMCA conduct the DASH (Dynamic After School Hours) Program here at our school. This program provides structured after school activities, including sports clinics, arts and crafts, cooperative games, weekly challenges, and traditional playground games for 1st - 6th grade students.
- DASH is not a daycare and children may sign themselves in and out
- Registration for DASH must be submitted by parents
- Students must be picked up promptly after DASH is over for the day
DASH Hours at our school:
|Monday - Thursday
||3:07- 5:07 pm (2 hours)
||2:07 - 5:07 pm (3 hours)
Licensed Childcare through South Bay Family YMCA: The YMCA offers before and after school licensed child care on site. For information regarding hours, fees, and days for this childcare program, contact the South Bay Family YMCA Childcare Department at (619) 421-8805.
Other After School Programs: This school year, Fit Kids America, Soccer Shots, Mad Science, After School Chess Club, and Smart Mind Robotics will be hosting sessions throughout the school year. Please visit their websites for more information. Flyers of an upcoming session will be sent home with students.
The Chula Vista Elementary School District takes part in the National School Lunch and Breakfast Program. Meals are served every school day. Students, including Kindergartners, may buy breakfast for $1.00 and lunch for $2.50.
The cafeteria is open on all school days, including minimum days. Breakfast is offered in the cafeteria each morning starting at 8:15 am. Each student is issued a meal card that will be debited each time the child eats breakfast or lunch. Students who use their cards will receive lunch, even if their lunch accounts have a negative balance. Parents are responsible for the cost. Pre-payments for at least 5 meals are encouraged. Payments may be made in the cafeteria, in the school office, or online (see below in Online Services). Checks should be made payable to Cafeteria Account, CVESD.
Click here to see the district's menu page.
Any questions or comments about the program, please call Child Nutrition Services, Monday - Friday, from 7:00 AM to 4:00 PM at (619) 425-9600, extension 1400.
Apply for the Free / Reduced Meal Program - Applications for this program are available in the school office or by clicking here.
- Families must reapply for the Free/Reduced Meal Program each year. If you do not reapply, your child will revert to full pay status and will be charged for all meals eaten since the first day of school.
- New families who apply must pay for all meals eaten until approval is received.
- If you have any questions regarding whether or not your application has been approved, please call Child Nutrition Services:
(619) 425-9600, ext. 1400
Online Services Available: Parents may now conveniently make payments using a credit card by accessing SchoolCafe.com and creating an account. You will need your child's 6 digit district student number, which you can find by looking on your child's report card or by calling the school office. Online services available include:
- View your child's up-to-date cafeteria account balances & purchase activity
- Make payments on-line anytime, anywhere
- Manage your child's cafeteria expenses
- Set up hassle-free automatic monthly payments to replenish your child's cafeteria account
- View & print payment history
- Highly secure on-line transactions
GATE (Gifted and Talented Education) - The District is committed to enhancing the intellectual development of our students by providing opportunities for increased student learning. In addition to extension opportunities within the general education classroom, GATE students participate in dedicated extra curricular lessons and activities on an almost weekly basis. Click here to learn more about our District's GATE structure.
Dual Language Immersion Program - Clear View offers a Dual Language Immersion Program that follows a 90/10 model. Students develop full oral, reading, and writing proficiency in English and Spanish. To learn more about Dual Language Immersion Program, view the Dual Language Immersion program links below:
Dual Language Immersion Program Brochure (English)
Dual Language Immersion Program Brochure (Spanish)