Dear Casillas Families,
Welcome to the 2019-20 school year!
Casillas enjoys a rich history of academic and cultural excellence, and I invite you to be an active stakeholder in furthering its succss.
The Casillas team is committed to providing your child with an exceptionally high-quality educational experience this year. Your child will be pushed to new heights as s/he further develops knowledge centered around standards-based content and the Casillas core values of caring, honesty, perseverance, respect, and responsibility.
Should you need assistance, please feel free to contact me. I am here to serve you and your children.
Join us on our journey! We have a great year ahead of us!
Chris E. Vickers
Casillas Elementary School will prepare all students to be literate, responsible
citizens with an enthusiasm for life-long learning. Through the implementation
of a rigorous, standards-based academic program, all Casillas students will be
prepared to confidently meet the challenges of middle and high school. The
essential elements of school's mission are:
- High expectations for all learners
- Strong parent involvement is valued and encouraged
- Rigorous curriculum is driven by California State Standards.
- Instructional strategies reflect best practices.
- Multiple sources of data used to assess each student's progress.
- Technology is used as a tool to support teaching and learning.
- Professional development and systematic support are ongoing for all staff.
- Diversity and cultural sensitivity are celebrated and modeled.
- Critical decisions are child-centered.
- A safe and orderly learning environment.
- A commitment to district's vision and values.
Casillas school believes that student-based decision-making process encourages collaboration and meaningful involvement among all stakeholders (Parents, staff, students, and community partners). Goodwill and pride in the Casillas school community are rooted in each child's academic, social, and emotional development.
Guided by student achievement data, we will ensure our language arts and mathematics programs work to close achievement gaps between students identified as English only and those in our target groups including English Language learners and economically disadvantaged students.